Southern Maine Tourist Attractions
The biggest Maine tourist attractions will always be our natural ones. When most people travel to Maine, they're here to bask in the natural splendor of the Atlantic ocean, the mountains, forests and lakes.
It's what Maine vacations are all about.
Even the most well-known of sights to see when you visit Maine - our lighthouses - came about because of our surroundings.
The magnificent fall foliage in New England, rocky coast of the Atlantic ocean, sandy beaches, inland lakes of Sebago and Moosehead, Acadia National Park and mountain peaks with names like Katahdin and Cadillac.
Of course these are the sights you want to see when you travel to Maine!
York Maine and the entire southern Maine region are certainly rich in the state's natural beauty, but they also have some terrific man-made tourism draws that are sure to please young and old.
If you're looking for more fun spots and ideas of things to do in towns such as Wells Beach, Ogunquit, Freeport or Kennebunkport, please be sure to visit the "Day Trips" section of this site.
York Maine Tourist Attractions
- The largest zoo and amusement park in the state of Maine – see the ocean from the top of the Ferris wheel!
- Nubble Lighthouse - one of the most famous and most photographed lighthouses in the world
- The Wiggly Bridge and Steedman Woods – one of the world's smallest suspension bridges with adjacent hiking trail
- A wealth of distinctive historical buildings open to the public
- Mount Agamenticus Conservation Region - one of the largest remaining expanses of undeveloped forest in New England with miles of hiking trails
- Fun-O-Rama - Video and game arcade on Short Sands beach
Nearby New Hampshire and Maine Tourist Attractions
- Great Seacoast amusement parks and waterparks
- Strawbery Banke – a 9 acre living history museum in next door Portsmouth New Hampshire
- Wonder Mountain Family Fun Park - Extreme mini golf, arcade, maze, located in Moody, Maine
- The Wells Reserve at Laudholm Farm – Events, birdwatching and photography heaven in Wells, Maine
If you are traveling in New England with children, consider buying the Breathe NH Fun Pass
This pass, with the proceeds going to New Hampshire anti-smoking efforts and other lung health issues, generally allows a child free admission to a wide variety of enjoyable activities in Maine with a paying adult. Other nearby and not-so-nearby New England tourist activities are also included. We've bought one for each child every year and it always pays for itself many times over.
Now get out there and have some fun! :-)
Return from Maine Tourist Attractions to Inside York Maine Vacations Home Page
Become An Inside York Maine Vacations Fan On Facebook - News, Tips & More!